The Blue Duck Barbecue Tavern



This week I decided to try a new place I have not been to before, called The Blue Duck Barbecue Tavern. My family and I are huge barbecue fans, and a few friends have recommended this place to me. My family came down this weekend and I thought this would be a great new place to try some new food. This restaurant is located on Southwest Water Street right on the river. They are open Tuesday – Saturday for lunch and dinner. This location has a very small dinning room and bar along the back wall. Since it is so small the wit time can be very long. Getting there before the rush of lunch and dinner will significantly cut down on the wait time. We started with the Barbecue Nachos appetizer. This blend of home made tortilla chips topped with your smoked pulled pork, cheese sauce, pico de gallo, spiced sour cream and guacamole. The homemade chips where incredible and mixed with the meat and other spices really made this dish special. For the main course I got the half-pound of chopped brisket with a side of biscuits and fires. The brisket had a perfect smoky flavor to them and melted in your mouth. You could taste the long amount of time it took to smoke and cook the meat to get it to this perfect point. The hand cut fries was a good compliment with the meat, and the biscuits where made with a sweet dough adding more great flavor to the dish. Adding some honey to the biscuits made them phenomenal. I would definitely recommend adding them to the biscuits. The only thing I did not like was the barbecue sauce. I was expecting a sweeter Kansas City type sauce to go with the meat, but they use a Tex Mex/sriracha sauce instead. Overall I would recommend this restaurant and would give the Blue Duck four Blue Ducks out of five!    

       

Comments

  1. Looks Yummy! Ill have to try it! looking forward to seeing more restaurants to enjoy in peoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be a very unpopular opinion, but I don't get it with this place. Granted, I've eaten there once, but neither my entree nor my husband's was very good. Too many flavors trying to happen all at once, just give me barbecue!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Geisert Dining Hall

Granite City Food & Brewery

Avantis